Friday, May 23, 2014

May..

May started off with Rory’s full Marathon in Kota Kinabalu. After months out with injury, and only a few runs under his belt I’m not going to lie I thought he was an absolute nutter for attempting it. Although I definitely didn’t tell him that! He set off very early at 3am to avoid the heat, and Max and I made sure to give the big lad an enormous cheer when he crossed the line in just over 5 hours. I think it’s the first time in my life that I actually enjoyed the fact that someone proved me wrong and Just quietly I’m extremely jealous of him for having finished…
Tribal dancers

drained..
Last week brought about the graduation of the Batch 14 Montfort Students (Max and Liam’s students) As our project is effectively the sister hostel and that there was going to be good food on offer, we took the trip down. The day consisted of speeches and awards and was attended by many parents and relatives. The boy’s there were understandably sad at the prospect of leaving and it was really good to catch up with some of the students, who’d noticeable improved over the course of the year. As always, much like the MYTC Open House earlier in the year, Montfort put on an amazing spectacle and the food and tribal dancing were impressive!

Some graduating boys
 As of now the boys are sitting some important exams, which has resulted in many late nights helping the boys with homework. It has also funnily enough been a time of revision for myself because some of the maths questions they’re being set I haven’t even studied before. In and amongst this busy time for the boys, it’s been good fun to let off some steam and play many of the sports I’ve taken such a fondness to. After 9 months I’ve finally managed for the boys to now consider me good enough to be on their takraw team and I plan to take home a net and a ball to play back home.

Takraw
Studying hard
compulsory selfie!

back to the day job 


It feels odd to think that I’m fast approaching the two month mark before I’m home and with a three week holiday next week, it means I ONLY have 5 weeks remaining at the project!! I can’t believe how fast this year is going and it’s only just starting to hit home at the extent to which I’ll miss this place.


favourite photo - Jaxter!
Footsal with form 1&2 boys


No comments:

Post a Comment